HOW TO CARE FOR OUTDOOR KITCHENS
To help keep your outdoor kitchen in the best possible condition, there are some very simple, low maintenance steps you can take:
• Placement of your outdoor kitchen and oak furniture is very important. It should not be in constant contact with grass, soil or other damp ground.
• Oak is easy to maintain, a regular clean with a stiff brush, warm water and a PH neutral detergent. If the kitchen is placed under cover, we recommend applying an oil treatment – for more advice about oil treatments get in touch with us.
• After each use you should wait for the grill to cool and then scrub the grill grates with a special wire brush. Wipe off residue with soapy water and a cloth and then rinse. For other appliances please refer to the relevant manufacturer guide
• At 2-5 years old, depending on its location, the furniture should be cleaned and treated with a penetrating oil. It will need a light sanding before the oil is applied. Our dedicated aftercare team can assist with this.
• Never clean with a pressure washer as this will damage the furniture.
• During the colder months of the year, it is important to winterise your outdoor kitchen to ensure that everything is kept in good condition. For more information about how to winterise your outdoor kitchen view our guide here.