Job Title: Aftercare Craftsman Joiner/Restorer
Location: Workshop based with some travel and on site work when required
Hours: 32 hours/week (Mon-Thurs 8am-5pm) – Potential to work Friday
Salary: £20,000-£24,000 p/a pro rata (based on experience)
“Creating the finest English outdoor furniture and kitchens through an honest commitment to design integrity, comfort and craftsmanship. Using sustainably sourced wood from certified and expertly managed British and European forests, we offer a variety of collections for every outdoor space, with full capability to create custom or bespoke designs. ”
This is the essence of GAZE BURVILL and it is this approach which has enabled us to create a widely recognised and respected brand not only within the community of garden enthusiasts and professionals but also increasingly, to the luxury goods and services market.
As part of the Gaze Burvill Aftercare team, you will be creating lasting customers through the aftercare, maintenance and reconditioning of their furniture.
Reporting to the Aftercare Manager, you will gain knowledge of the Gaze Burvill product range and working practices which will be applied to the maintenance and repair of furniture up to 30 years old.
Following set out procedures, you will be able to assess the work to be carried out and do so in a timely and efficient manner with little or no supervision, escalating issues when required.
Day to Day Tasks
- Assessment of furniture with ability to spot problems and come up with solutions
- Ensure that all work is carried out efficiently and in accordance with the laid down procedures to ensure that the customer is content with the result.
- Providing a workshop based aftercare service with occasional travel and
- Ensure all equipment and vehicles are maintained
- Responsible for keeping accurate records of timings, expenses and materials used.
- Have an awareness of the commercial aspects of the service provided.
- 3+ years experience in woodworking/furniture making desirable, although full training will be provided.
- High attention to detail
- Able to work independently as well as part of the wider team
- Organised and able to manage your own workload
- UK driving licence
Covid- 19 Precaution(s):
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided/required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitisation and cleaning procedures in place
Start Date 12 April 2021 & Closing Date for applications: 22 March 2021.
To submit your application for this position please send your CV to email@example.com. Subject for email: ‘Aftercare Craftsman Joiner/Restorer’.
We look forward to hearing from you.