We currently have a vacancy for an Aftercare Craftsman Joiner/Restorer to join the team in Hampshire.
Closing date: 15/08/21
Start Date: As soon as possible
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in applying.
About Gaze Burvill:
“Creating the finest English outdoor furniture and kitchens through an honest commitment to design integrity, comfort and craftsmanship. Using sustainably sourced wood from certified and expertly managed British and European forests, we offer a variety of collections for every outdoor space, with full capability to create custom or bespoke designs. ”
This is the essence of GAZE BURVILL and it is this approach which has enabled us to create a widely recognised and respected brand not only within the community of garden enthusiasts and professionals but also increasingly, to the luxury goods and services market.
As part of the Gaze Burvill Aftercare team, you will be creating lasting customers through actions which will give their furniture a long life and increase their enjoyment of it. This will be achieved through the aftercare, maintenance and reconditioning of their furniture.
Reporting to the Aftercare Manager, you will gain knowledge of the Gaze Burvill product collections and working practices which will be applied to the maintenance and repair of furniture up to 30 years old.
Following set out procedures, you will be able to assess the work to be carried out and do so in a timely and efficient manner with little or no supervision, escalating issues when required.
● Assessment of furniture with the ability to spot problems and come up with solutions
● Ensure that all work is carried out efficiently and to a standard which ensures that the customer is content with the result.
● Providing a workshop based aftercare service with the possibility of occasional travel and overnight stays.
● Ensure all equipment is kept in good working condition.
● Responsible for keeping accurate records of timings, expenses and materials used.
● Have an awareness of the commercial aspects of the service provided.
● 3+ years experience in woodworking/furniture making is desirable, although full training will be provided.
● High attention to detail
● Able to work independently as well as part of the wider team
● Organised and able to manage your own workload
● Shares our concern for the environment and reducing our impact on it
● Interested in continuous improvement
● UK driving licence
Covid- 19 Precaution(s):
● Remote interview process
● Personal protective equipment provided/required
● Social distancing guidelines in place
● Sanitisation and cleaning procedures in place