Job Title: OUTDOOR FURNITURE RESTORER
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mobile Aftercare Assistant to join our fine outdoor furniture company. We are leaders in our field and highly respected in the community of garden enthusiasts and professionals across the luxury goods and services market. We keep sustainability at the forefront of everything we do. We have created a positive, inclusive company culture and we place a high value on personal development.
We are seeking a passionate individual who is keen to learn and takes pride in their work to join the growing Aftercare team. Based near Alton in a charming setting, you will travel across the South of the country to some beautiful locations including private gardens and RHS gardens. You will assist in creating lasting customers through the aftercare, maintenance and reconditioning of their furniture and enjoy a varied role in which no two days are the same. You will prefer to be outside in all seasons, sometimes in challenging conditions, finding reward in the transformation of the furniture that you are working on and the positive reaction from our clients.
The vision of Mobile Aftercare is to provide a service that adds longevity, value and aesthetically improves the client’s furniture on site. Reporting to the Mobile Aftercare Manager, you will gain knowledge of our product range and working practices which will be applied to the maintenance and repair of furniture up to 30 years old. Following set out procedures, with supervision, you will be able to assess the work to be carried out and do so in a timely and efficient manner.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assessment of furniture with ability to spot problems and come up with solutions.
- Ensure that all work is carried out efficiently and in accordance with the laid down procedures to ensure that the customer is content with the result.
- Providing an on-site aftercare service, occasionally workshop based.
- Perform a number of aftercare operations including power steam cleaning, sanding, re-oiling, repairs and outdoor kitchen installations.
- Operate specialist equipment.
- Assist in ensuring all equipment and vehicles are maintained.
- Have an awareness of the commercial aspects of the service provided.
- Deliver exemplary customer service to new and long standing clients alike.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High attention to detail.
- Outstanding organisational and coordination skills, and ability to prioritise.
- Ability to work on their own initiative and work independently.
- Collaborate well with others.
- Impeccable timekeeping.
- Some experience in customer service.
- Demonstrable woodworking tool experience and/or demonstrable creative experience.
- Ability to travel by car to a rural location near Alton.
- Full Clean Diving License.
- Terms and conditions
Flexible working arrangements to be discussed. Minimum 3 days per week. No weekends.
In-house training will be provided.
Part Time hours: 24 per week
Full Time hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: £8.36-£11.00 per hour
Monday to Friday
About Gaze Burvill
“Creating the finest English outdoor furniture and kitchens through an honest commitment to design integrity, comfort and craftsmanship. Using sustainably sourced wood from certified and expertly managed British and European forests, we offer a variety of collections for every outdoor space, with full capability to create custom or bespoke designs.”
This is the essence of Gaze Burvill and it is this approach which has enabled us to create a widely recognised and respected brand not only within the community of garden enthusiasts and professionals but also increasingly, to the luxury goods and services market.